Posted on January 12, 2012 by lsampson
Here’s a breakdown of the prize purse for the top three overall places in both women’s and men’s :
Total $3,000 ($1,500 women / $1,500 men)
The top three competitors in each age group will qualify for Team USA for the 2012 ITU Winter Triathlon World Championships in Jämijärvi, Finland on March 24-25 2012 and will take home some valuable hardware, too!
Thanks to USAT and our local sponsors, the race bags are filling in nicely. We just received shipment of some very cool Sweat Vac hats!
Continue to check our blog for race updates, as well as Homestake Lodge:
PLUS! More winter weather may be coming our direction! Wahoo!
Filed under: Events, News, Race | Tagged: Bozeman Montana, Triathlon | Leave a comment »
Posted on May 30, 2011 by Bozeman Tritons
BOZEMAN TRIATHLON CLUB ANNOUNCES BOZEMAN TRITONS TRIATHLON
USA Triathlon Sanctioned Event Offers Races for All Ages, Abilities, Entire Family
During Fun-filled Weekend of July 30, 31 at East Gallatin Recreation Area
2 months and counting! I hope that we have seen our last Winter Storm Warning of the season. Last weekend a group of our triathletes rode the Long-Course route, plus a little extra. They returned with glowing reports of the views and the character of the ride. It’s going to be a good one! We also got out and took a tour of the Sprint course, just to get it back in our minds what it looks like without snow. We are a go an all fronts. Here’s some of the interesting developments this past month.
- REI has really stepped up with its sponsorship. They will essentially be covering all the prizes for the raffle. And there will be a lot of them. We are still looking for a bike to raffle off as the grand prize. We’ll keep you posted. All racers will automatically get an entry into the raffle, and you can buy as many additional tickets as you’d like.
- Our local businesses are also stepping up. Most recently, Baja Fresh agreed to provide the post-race food for the Sprint Race on Sunday! A taco bar for 200+! Way to go Baja Fresh!
- The Friday Spaghetti Feed for Long-course racers, family and friends is a go. $10 will get you a feast, including desert. If you’ve already signed up for the race, I’ll be getting an email to you with more information.
- Hammer Nutrition will be providing race nutrition for all races, including Hamer Gel and Endurolytes. Thanks Hammer!
- Perfect Timing is going to be handling the chip timing, including splits!
- More is in the works, so stay tuned.
I also encourage everyone to help support Montana Conservation Corps, our chosen charity for these races. They’ve already been hard at work sandbagging and helping to protect homes and businesses from the record flood waters that we are experiencing and are expected to see throughout June. You can make a donation as you register, or if you’ve already registered or just want to contribute, please do so with the following link. These donations go directly to MCC.
Finally, we are doing our first call for volunteers. These races are only possible through the efforts of others, so it’s time to give back if you can. If you are interested in helping out, please contact Laurie at email@example.com. We will be posting a Volunteers List soon.
Complete race details can be found at www.bozemantritons.org/tritonstri. Train hard and we’ll see you in a two months!
– Tony, Laurie and Lawrence
Other Triton Contact Information:
Face book: Find Us @ Bozeman Triathlon Club
Filed under: News | Tagged: Bozeman Montana, Bozeman Tritons Triathlon, Long Course Triathlon, Sprint Triathlon, Triathlon, USA Triathlon | Leave a comment »